- 100% Brand new and high quality
- Practical and durable home using product
- The bio-sponge inside provides more surface area for the growth of beneficial Bio-Spira bacteria
- BIO-Balls do not require replacement unless damaged or destroyed
- The bio balls provide biological filtration, removing toxic ammonia and nitrite.
- Each filter media is pre-packed in its own mesh media bag.
- Can be reused over and over again until it breaks
- In the event of excessive buildup, you may gently rinse with water from an established aquarium, if desired
- Great for fresh or saltwater aquarium filtration systems.
- Material: Plastic Aquarium Pond Balls
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Diameter of bio ball: 16mm (included biological cotton)Quantity: 100 PCS
Due to different production batch, the inner sponge is filled in random color, it might be yellow, green, black or other colors.
It does not influence normal using, they are all made of the same material. So please know about this point before you buy it.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
100x 16mm Bio Balls
Unit Type: lot (100 pieces/lot) Package Weight: 0.13kg (0.29lb.) Package Size: 6cm x 6cm x 6cm (2.36in x 2.36in x 2.36in)
What do bio balls do in a filter?
They are typically used in fish tank and fish pond filters to
transform potentially harmful ammonia into benign nitrates.
Bio balls work best as wet-dry filters, with moving water passing over them.
This allows more oxygen into the tubing, feeding the growth of the
beneficial bacteria inside the balls.
How do you clean bio balls?
- Place some new saltwater in a five-gallon plastic bucket, or any other type of good sized deep plastic container.
- Turn off the filter.
- Remove about 1/4 of the bio-balls from the filter chamber and place them into the container with the saltwater.
How many bio balls are needed per gallon?
How many bio balls do you need? The answer to this question depends entirely on the brand of bio balls you purchase. A general rule of thumb is 2.2 gallons of bio balls per 100 gallons of water.
What are bio balls for ponds?
BioBalls™ are a lighter and more effective solution to biological filtration than traditional porous stone. The bio ball conforms to the shape of your filter box, are easy to clean and last forever. Each box contains approximately 200 BioBalls™ and filters around 1,000 gallons of pond water with a minimal fish load.
What is a BioBall?
BioBall® is a small water soluble ball containing a precise number of micro-organisms delivering unprecedented accuracy for Quantitative Microbiological Quality Control. Over 25 individual strains are available in BioBall with application in the pharmaceutical, food and water testing industries.
What is a biological filter for ponds?
The ClearChoice BioFilter works to keep your pond clean through biological and mechanical filtration. This easy-to-use system filters coarse debris and provides biological filtration media with massive surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize and remove harmful pollutants.
There are no reviews yet.